My neighbour says you can de-stress from Covid-19 induced and related stressors by growing vegetables inside used tyres, used paint buckets, improvised jerry-cans and other containers easily found around many homes. Below are some discoveries he had made since he began growing vegetables in his home:
- He says he finds having to water the plants every day, a rewarding and relaxing experience and lifting exercise
- He says just watching how the plants grow is equally relaxing
- The ‘green section,’ has added a more natural beauty to his home, relaxing him
- He believes the air is purer by some percentage because of the direct contribution of the vegetables to the general supply
- He loves the realization that he is consciously and directly in touch with nature, growing living things.