Following the recent passing of movie icon Sir Sean Connery, his wife, Micheline Roquebrune said he wished to pass away quietly. Thank God he did but we cannot let pass away his body of unforgettable performances, especially the poignant lines expressed by some of his characters.
As Nigerian leaders and Nigerian youths engage each other in the current ‘fight,’ the leaders of both divides might want to consider the following applications of Sean Connery’s important counsel:
- Know and understand the true nature of the ‘fight’
- Concentrate on the ‘fight’ not the ‘fighter’
- Give considerable thought to the ‘weapons’ of the ‘opponent’ as much as you do yours
- Get rid of obsolete weapons and obsolescent strategies
- Correctly match your ‘opponent’ weapon’s
- Surpass the capabilities of your ‘opponent’s’ weapon if you must win