The Giving Pledge in which many of the world’s billionaires pledged to give away half of their wealth, just turned 10 years. Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison, MacKenzie Scott, Michael Bloomberg, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Richard Branson, and many others have signed the commitment. Remarkably, there is no Nigerian billionaire on the list of pledgers.
Below are 5 possible reasons why Nigerian billionaires are missing from the list
- Nigerian billionaires don’t like to show off or draw attention to themselves!
- Nigerian billionaires are benchmarking and emulating the best; they have their eyes ONLY on Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest individual, who has not committed to the Giving Pledge
- Nigerian billionaires are more concerned about more important matters
- Nigerian billionaires have given enough to Covid-19 efforts
- Nigerian billionaires are not a pleased that a South African (Patrice Motsepe) beat them to the title of the first African to take the pledge
(Visited 337 times, 1 visits today)