- Did you know that the Niger Bridge was the only toll bridge (or road) in Nigeria before the Civil War?
- Did you know that retreating Biafran forces damaged the Bridge to halt any advance by federal troops into the former East Central State?
- Did you know that after the Civil War hostilities ended in January 1970, inspection for repairs was carried out and by March 1970 a bailey bridge had been built there as a temporary measure? Present at the commissioning were Dr. Ukpabi Asika, Administrator of East Central State and Col Olusegun Obasanjo, Commander of the 3rd Division of the Nigerian Army
- Did you know that after the Civil War, there were agitations that tolls should no longer be collected on the Bridge?
- Did you know that world-renowned Mathematician Prof Chike Obi was one of the leading voices for the removal of the toll on the Bridge?
(Visited 52 times, 1 visits today)